Becoming a Solar Technician
If you want to start a career as a Solar Technician, or want to better your knowledge in solar energy for an installation on your farm, house, or business, this is the only online course you will need. The main focus of the learning in this knowledge subject is the components of a PV system and theoretical concepts related to PV.
Why you should take this course?
The main focus of the learning in this knowledge subject is the components of a PV system and theoretical concepts related to PV.
What is inside this course?
|In this course you will learn about:||· Development of photovoltaic technology.
· Availability of fossil fuels.
· Environmental impact of fossil fuels.
· Energy security and potential for conflict.
· Market influence.
· Cost of PV system (rand dollar/euro/foreign currency exchange).
· Local manufacture and development.
· PV array systems and PV applications.
· Solar radiation.
· The photovoltaic effect.
· Solar cell types.
· Electrical properties of solar cells.
· PV modules.
· PV junction/string boxes, smart boxes, string diodes, connectors and fuses.
· Cabling, wiring and connection systems, installation materials and switching and AC switch disconnections.
· Charge Controllers.